At Meat N' Bone we are HUGE believers of Lump charcoal, probably because we grew up cooking on it. This ultra premium lump charcoal from Jealous Devil is crafted from one of the densest hardwoods on the planet and specially carbonized to remove impurities. The result? Hotter, longer, and cleaner burns with incredible flavor. Without sparks, pops, bitter smoke or excessive ash.
We only ship Charcoal to Florida Customers using ground service.
Why do we like them?
- Huge, industry-leading lump size for maximum performance
- 100% natural quebracho blanco “axe-breaker” hardwood
- No sparks, pops, flare-ups, excessive ash, or heavy smoke
- 1100F+ max temp – reduced refueling & maintenance demands
- Award-winning flavor preferred by champion pitmasters, pro chefs, and competitors
- Gorgeous water-resistant, resealable packaging with convenient carry handle
About Jealous Devil
We like this company because it has similar values to Meat N' Bone. The folks from JD focus on sourcing the BEST type of charcoal. They use Quebracho Blanco hardwood from Paraguay which is one of the densest woods on the planet.
The charcoal is "craft made" in small batches and everything they do has been well thought out, even the packaging which is weather-resistant and re-sealable.
They harvest wood sustainably so that the rainforest is not harmed and they are reinvesting into our own production to reduce our carbon footprint and move towards FSC certification.
How to light Jealous Devil Premium Lump Charcoal?
Jealous Devil recommends lighting a few starter cubes/bales (hey, junk mail works too!) under a charcoal chimney, or using an active torch such as a looflighter or MAP torch. Depending on lighting conditions, your charcoal should come to temperature and be ready for cooking within 10-20 minutes. We do not condone the use of lighter fluid. It’s cheating. And also gross.